Friday 10 June 2016

Prominent Lesbian Activist Banned From Pride For Transphobic Comments



A leading lesbian activist Miriam Ben-Shalom, was originally invited to serve as grand marshall for the upcoming Milwaukee Pride Parade, but has had the invitation rescinded after even organisers became aware of her vocal opposition to transgender rights.

Despite having a history of fighting for gay rights, including making history as the first gay military service member to be reinstated after having been discharged for being gay, as well as having twice chained herself to the White House fence to protest 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' rules, Ben-Shalom has expressed criticism of the transgender community, having claimed that transgender women are not 'real' women and a threat in bathrooms.

The invitation to lead the upcoming Pride parade was revoked when it was brought to the attention of the event organisers that Ben-Shalom had posted several messages on her social media accounts condemning trans-rights, as well as making accusations that trans-women could pose a threat to 'women born women' and girls if given access to women's bathrooms.

The Milwaukee Pride organisers wrote to her to inform her of their decision.  'It was brought to our attention that your Facebook page contains a number of posts asserting that transwomen are a danger to young girls in public bathrooms and locker rooms.  We cannot have a Grand Marshal who has publically and repeatedly denigrated trans women.'

Ben-Shalom responded by referring to the organisers as a 'bunch of moral reprobates' as well as stating that she believes that 'women born women have the right to safe spaces of their own'.

'I see that Milwaukee Pride cares more about men than it does about women,' she said, further insulting transgender women by denying their gender.  'My fight is ensuring that women are safe from the pretenders who might use the trans issue to get in and hurt somebody.'

'If trans women were real women, they would get it!'

This is not the first incident in which Ben-Shalom has made a point of ignoring or excluding the trans community, having been a co-founder of the 'Gay, Lesbian and Bi-Sexual Vetrans of America' group, a group that from the very name excludes transgender servicemen and women.

She has invoked women's safety as her primary reason for trans-exclusion, referring to herself as a PERF, penis exclusionary radical feminist.  Launching into a tirade she claims that trans women threaten to kill cis women over trans issues and cites that as her reasons for condemning trans people.

'When I consider what the trans community did to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival and the threats that were made there that I personally saw and heard and when I consider the threats directed at women who stand up to speak out about women's safety, I became firmer in my estimation of who these people really are and what trans means to - it appears - a great many people.  No woman I know would threaten to kill another woman because of an opinion  No woman I know would call others who differ in opinions the nastiest words in the English language.

'Therefor, Pride Parade Committee:  You are no better than those who threaten to hurt women born women simply because they wished to be in a nurturing environment with others who were likeminded.  One may hope you take the so-called Trans community to task for all of the threats and nastiness heaped on women as you took me.'

Various transphobic individuals have shown their support for Ben-Shalom, sharing similar views as her in articles filled with transphobic language, misgendering and denials of transgender identity.


Amy.
xx

35 comments:

  1. She can go to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the spray painting at Mich fest was a false flag.
    A group of women born women did the spray paint as a scare tactic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you remove my comment Amy?

      Delete
    2. Why did you remove my comment Amy?

      Delete
    3. "No woman I know would threaten to kill another woman because of an opinion No woman I know would call others who differ in opinions the nastiest words in the English language."
      Tell that to Sandy Stone back in the 70's. Ever since then certain lesbian separatist have had it out for trans women.

      Delete
    4. "No woman I know would threaten to kill another woman because of an opinion No woman I know would call others who differ in opinions the nastiest words in the English language."
      Tell that to Sandy Stone back in the 70's. Ever since then certain lesbian separatist have had it out for trans women.

      Delete
  4. Yet another TERF comes crawling out of the woodwork; really I am beginning to think we need roach spray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TERF's & TILF's arguing. Both groups, as with the church, continuing to promote the view that sex is a fixed corporeal reality.

    My gender is my sex. It is between my ears not my legs. It doesn't come in a size 10 or a sassy shade of cappuccino.

    I am female because my brain is female. I am a woman because, as with all women, I was oppressed from birth due to my genitalia. The tool of my oppression? That social construct known as Gender.

    Transgender Woman directly translated means a person of the male sex who identifies with being a woman. I do not "identify", I am. I am not a male in a dress. For no matter how fanciful you LGBTQ Inc politicos phrase it "cock in a frock" is always going to be offensive to me.

    Instead of criticising Ben-Shalom for her rightful defence of the female sex; instead of attacking her in an aggressive and very "masculine" way, why is the so-called Transgender community not addressing the real issue. The continuation of the falsehood that is corporeal sex classification.

    If TERF's such as Ben-Shalom can be shown that sex is defined by the mind not the body, then we women labelled Trans by both sides of the genitally obsessed argument, may at last be understood for the females born female that we actually are.

    LGBTQ Inc does nothing but reduce our physical birth reality into a fashion choice and/or sexual kink. You do not speak for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right on joanne
      with you all the way .even lgb sees us as man in a dress. its the crossdressers u can thank for all this bs. I personally think we should be our own group not with lgb

      Delete
    2. I think it's bizarre that we as society treat trannies differently than we treat gays and lesbians. I think it's weird we don't treat stigmatize homosexuals and bisexuals the same exact way we stigmatize your people anonymous, as we did in the past. I think it is wrong that we have laws here in America which protects homosexuals from discrimination. Why should these sickos be a protected class? What have the contributed to normal society besides AIDS and pedophilia? I don't see how being gay or bi is better than being a tranny when they all stink the same. Like transsexualism, homosexuality isn't something you were born with (innate). It's something that happens WAYYY after birth (nurture). I'm just so sick of hearing these Lesboz and Sissies say, “I was born this way,” homo please! However, I do agree with you on that last part anonymous. Maybe they should remove the T in LGBT and replace it with the letter P, which stands for pedophile. After all, pedophilia is a sexual orientation, and like homosexuality, pedophilia can be shaped and kindled by one's environment, as it's been said by Dr. Keith Ablow also hinting that homosexuality can be considered a mental illness in certain instances and predicting that “culture is poised to begin embracing pedophilia as a homosexual lifestyle, just like homosexuality. A sick world we're living in -- gay marriage, gay rights, it's no wonder we as society have to deal with transgenders now. But from now on, I'm going to start calling the freak community LGBP (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Pedophile) :)

      Delete
    3. Another commentator so brave as to hide behind the "anonymous" username.

      Delete
    4. Same dumb ass too scared to "IT'S" face

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, I have my problems with the so called "trans" and "GLBTQ" communities but there are three things I really wonder about when it comes to Shalom's statement is what bathroom does she think transitioning trans people have been using? Why she thinks that a stick figure on the front of the bathroom door has ever had the effect of keeping anyone looking to harm someone out?(wonder if she cares at all about molesters in the men's room but I realize that is not what this is about), and the statement saying that real women don't send death treats and do not use terrible language when they disagree with each other, what kind of bubble full of sunshine and puppy dogs does she currently live in where women don't send death threats and use terrible language?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, I know where the threats at the MWMF were directed, and spoiler alert: trans women were the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has invoked women's safety as her primary reason for trans-exclusion, referring to herself as a PERF, penis exclusionary radical feminist.

    * It has penis and it's been grown up to it forehead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The grand Marshall should be a representative of the community, and seeing as she openly disagrees with trans, she can't be the grand marshal, so I don't know why she's objecting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-assault-domestic-violence-organizations-debunk-bathroom-predator/story?id=38604019

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to sound so cynical but I am transgender male to female and I see a lot discrimination not just from straight people. But also gay people, bi people don't have an issue. Only gay my older brother Jessie Lamar Harbin jr and his partner Roosevelt Hatcher will not allow me to visit them or even. Speek to them. My lesbian cousins they blocked me outright in there life's refusing any invitation from me . And finally my family is full of L,B,G people who are accepted but T I'm not invited to the family reunions at all anymore . That hurts more to know your family who are lgbt chooses to Forget the T .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Wow! Really brave comments while hiding behind the "anonymous" nickname. Why don't you just be honest and change your handle to "ignorant bigoted, probably so far in the closet you're in narnia sucking Aslan's cock, impetent little 1 inch cock possessor".

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. I spelt something wrong? Oh no my friend, I ued the English spelling, not some bastardised Americanism, and you posting under the "anonymous" user name could mean you're anyone, but definitely tells me you don't have the courage of your convictions to stand by them and back them, so you can go swivel for all I care. oh and btw, I was saying that you we're in possesion of a tiny penis, not Aslan.

      Delete
    6. Tiny penis? Don't you mean clit? If you're gonna play psychic, stupid, get right. If you're going to act as if you know me, then you better have the right information. If you don't, then forever shut up. And btw BIRD, I just gave you my name..... Again, check your grammar, you illiterate european.

      Delete
    7. When you're brave enough not to hide behind the username "anonymous", then maybe people will take notice of your opinion, but all I see is a cowardly little child name-calling.

      Delete
    8. When you're smart enough to read what I said throughly and work on your grammar, then respond back to me. Don't just play psychic under some bogus name without a picture and pretend to know everything about me.

      Delete
  13. another "real woman" looking like a "real man". Astonishingly, most TERFs are in fact transgender-by-appearance...in that they truly adopt masculine modes of expression. Nothing wrong with that...however hypocrisy anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know anything about you as you're being a coward using "anonymous" as your name, whereas I and countless others in these comments whatever side of the debate their on, at least have the courage to put a name behind their comments. You on the other hand, are simply a coward. And trying to change the subject by referring to my use of grammar? Nice try, but seeing as how I'm using English, in England, ie the home of the language, I won't be lectured to by Johny Foreigner thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blah blah blah blah....go stir the dodo hole with your tongue you British dummy. You don't like what I have to say, then don't reply. And for the fifth time, the name is Mila Leihiana. You can look me up on google plus or YouTube. Show your face if you're going to comment.

      Delete
  15. Blog owner, please feel free to remove my comments also that are basically just arguments with the "anonymous". I never like to let the idiotic bigots get the last word in, it's a failing I know, but nobody's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I allow most any kind of comments on my site, and I will not filter peoples objections to me or my work, but when people start attacking each other on my site and use transphobic language I will not tolerate it or allow it. Comments where people have used transphobic slurs have been removed and this will continue as long as they are posted.

    ReplyDelete