Sunday 12 February 2017

Transphobic Sign Owner Resigns From City Council Presidency



Jay Linn, the owner of Northridge Auto Parts and Repair, has resigned from his position as president of Olmstead Falls city council following complaints about a sign outside of his business.

The sign was erected in early February, and contained the message 'If you don't know who you identify as, pull down your pants and look'.  The business, and Linn himself, quickly attracted complaints on social media, with people labelling the message as being transphobic in nature.

At the time Linn replied by saying, 'There's no malice in the sign.  It's just making the point why does everybody want to be someone else and draw attention to them, be who you are and be happy with who you are.

'I'm a believer that when god put you here, he put you here as what you are.'

Over the following weekend a number of people stood outside of Linn's business in protest, holding their own signs that condemned the message.


Linn announced on Thursday 9th February that he would be resigning from his position on the local city council due to the reaction he had received over the sign.  

'I resigned because the major and I don't share the same views.'  He told local news stations.  Linn has claimed that since placing the sign he has been attacked by LGBT+ groups, received death threats towards himself and his family, and been told that his business will be blown up.  Linn has not, however, filed any police reports regarding any of these claims.

'I haven't filed police reports.  The police are going to do absolutely nothing,'  He complained.  'I shut my Facebook page down.  I'm not going to respond to any more comments.  I serves for 30 years on three different boards and commissions.  I won't bend to any special group.

'My sign meant, why can't these people be satisfied with what god put them on earth as?  Why do they have to re-identify?  Why can't they be satisfied with what they are truly brought into the world as?

'You're looking at non-political correctness right here, I am non-political correctness because I don't give a rats rear end about political correctness.'

When speaking about the matter to a number of news sources Linn was questioned about the sign by trans woman Rissa Trent, who said; 'I questioned him on his position on the City Council.  I said, you're supposed to represent everyone in your city, how can you be impartial when you hate a portion of your community?  He started screaming on the air with, how dare I bring it up.'

Linn has now resigned from his council position, saying that he and the mayor do not share the same views and that he does not agree with the agendas that she is currently pushing forward.

'I've turned in my resignation letter due to you evil sick people.'  He posted on his Facebook page.  'I'm done serving the community that includes you after 30 years.  The mayor has my resignation letter, why don't you email her and ask her for a copy of it.  Once again, you are a sick bunch to try and desecrate a person that serves the community for 30 years that includes you.'


Go to Amy's Blog

6 comments:


  1. 'My sign meant, why can't these people be satisfied with what god put them on earth as?"

    There is no god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God put me here like this,I didn't just choose to be transgender. If I had a choice I would not have chosen this.I did choose to love myself for who I am and for who God created me as.I also choose to follow Jesus and try to look at people through His eyes.
      Thanks, Toni Giordano

      Delete
  2. “'You're looking at non-political correctness right here, I am non-political correctness because I don't give a rats rear end about political correctness.'

    There is no god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, poor baby. He posts a phobic sign and then has the gall to be enraged over the backlash.

    Fuck him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was there for 30 years, he's outdated already anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This guy just needs some kind words and a heartfelt discussion so he can truly understand the issue.

    Lashing out at him, or anyone who dosagrees, does no good but just create another enemy. We don't need anymore enemies, we need all the friends we can get.

    The ONLY way we're going to get national support is to change hearts and minds. ❤ Jay Linn, I'm here if you ever want to talk - look me up on facebook.

    ReplyDelete