Monday 29 August 2022

The Swamp Thing #15 - Comic Review

 

Originally published on Patreon


The penultimate chapter of The Swamp Thing felt like a jump in quality over the previous issue, which felt too vague, and concerned with lofty and complex questions over actually moving the plot forward in any big ways. That seems to have been rectified here as the final pieces are moved into place for the conclusion to this story that's been building for more than a year.

That all being said, I still struggled to enjoy this as much as I did at the start of the series. I don't know whether this is because the book was extended, whether Ram V has had to find more story with which to extend things, or if he was always hoping to write the story at this length; but it felt different in those early issues than it does now, more focused.

I think this is one of those books where a month to month read can sometimes be something of a hindrance, and that sitting down with all fifteen issues and reading them together will give you a much better experience. As it is, I'm still enjoying it, but I'm also kind of glad that it'll be coming to an end next month.


This article, and many others, can be read a month early on my Patreon for as little as $3 a month!


Support Amy on Patreon

Buy Amy A Coffee

Go to Amy's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment